no reservation

Guest Written:
Authored by Leandro Delgado
Traveling has always been one of my passions. I spend a year studying in Italy in college, have taken numerous backpacking trips to exotic local such as the Netherlands and Europe and even did a 2 year stint in the Peace Corps where I worked with the locals in Malawi, Africa. Now that I am married with a little one on the way I do not do nearly as much traveling as I use to. I am lucky if I can get home for Christmas and that is only 2 states away! Fortunately my dear husband recently got us directv so that I can watch all my favorite travel shows during my last month of maternity bed rest. So far my favorite has been Anthony Bourdain and his hit show “No Reservations”. This show is perfect for since it includes traveling, which I love, and food, which I have come to love more. The plot is this: Anthony travels all over the world to exotic locations and tries out local cuisine. Simple and entertaining right? You bet it is. This show is so oddly captivating. Every time there is something exotic and kind of gross I get kind of exciting. It is like I am traveling and eating vicariously though him. The eating gross stuff maybe party blamed on my pregnancy hormones, but the travel jealousy is all me.

No comments:

Post a Comment